In todays article, we’re going to take a look at our favorite cooking pots for sous vide. There are lots of options, so it can be hard to choose one. Hopefully our guide below helps with your decision. Not everyone had the room or money for a dedicated container, and pots are a good alternative.
Our sous vide pot reviews take into account several considerations such as sizing options, material, quality, brand, price, Amazon rating, and more. After reading this article, you’ll have no problem choosing the best pot for sous vide cooking.
What is the benefit of using a pot? The main benefit is versatility. You can use the pot for sous vide cooking, and also use it in general for any other recipes. The downside, is that if you are using it to sous vide, you cannot use it for anything else. With a container, you can have the sous vide going as well as a soup for example.
Best Sous Vide Pots
Here are the 3 best cooking pots for sous vide.
Not only is it made by one of the most reputable cooking pot brands, All-Clad, but it’s also incredibly well-made and extremely versatile.
The large size enables you to sous vide very large quantities of food without any problem. This sous vide pot fits immersion circulators of all sizes, including popular models such as the Anova Sous Vide and Breville Sous Vide.
The stainless steel material means that your sous vide pot won’t rust and will last a long time. It’s very safe to cook in and does a fantastic job of retaining heat.
The only downside is that due to its size, it can become pretty heavy when you’ve filled it with water and need to carry it to the stove. However, we don’t think this is that huge of a deal.
All in all, the All-Clad Stainless Steel Sous Vide Stockpot is the best sous vide pot.
- Long, riveted stick handle stays cool on the cooktop while easy-grip loop handles provide stability
- Comfortable, oversized handles, Dishwasher safe
- Brushed exterior
- Perfect height for your sous vide machine
2. Cuisinart 766-26 Chef’s Classic 12-Quart Stockpot (Best Value Sous Vide Pot)
With a 12 quart capacity, this sous vide pot will easily handle most of your sous vide cooking needs. You may have some trouble if you’re cooking in bulk. But for the majority of users, this won’t be an issue.
It’s made of high quality materials that won’t rust or discolor with use. The handles are secure and non-slip, reducing the chance of spills.
This sous vide pot is very well-priced and will fit within most people’s budgets.
- Stainless Steel
- Dishwasher Safe: Premium stainless steel easily cleans to original brilliant finish
- Flavor Lock Lid: Tight-fitting cover seals in moisture and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results, every time you cook
- Cool Grip Handle: Solid stainless steel riveted handle stays cool on the stovetop. A helper handle provides extra support and balance when lifting and pouring
3. Farberware Classic Series Stockpot (Best Budget Sous Vide Pot)
This sous vide pot comes in 3 sizes – 6 quart, 8 quart, and 11 quart. We recommend going with the 11 quart as it’s only a few dollars more than the other two options. This will allow you to use the pot as you continue to expand your sous vide skills.
Sous vide cooking requires even heat distribution and the aluminium base on the Farberware Stockpot is perfect for that. Your foods will cook evenly and at their required temperature.
If you choose this sous vide pot, we do recommend getting some recommended sous vide accessories, such as clips and weights.
- Quality 18/10 stainless steel construction for durability and exceptional beauty
- Thick aluminum core base for even heat distribution
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Dishwasher safe and oven safe to 350°F / 180°C
- Good Value