The Gourmia GSV150B sous vide delivers features that marry food and tech; its WiFi capability makes it stand out in the crowd. And with that WiFi capability also comes an app, downloadable via iTunes or Google Play, which enables home chefs to control their sous vide on the go. If, like me, you love food and tech, you’ll know how cool this feature really is.
Also, you can rock back and forth between Celsius and Fahrenheit, so you don’t have to translate temps in your head if you’re following a Celsius recipe when Fahrenheit’s always been your personal favorite setting.
As a heads up, there may be some affiliate links on this page. This page is reader supported and this means I may receive a commission if you purchase through the links, with no extra cost to you.
Gourmia Sous Vide Feautures
Gourmia’s GSV150B comes with their exclusive ACT (Active Thermostat Control) system. This is a great dual system of temperature and water circulation control, which means that food is cooked to uniform perfection. Undercooked food due to poorly-controlled temperatures is a big worry for sous vide consumers, but that’s just not a problem with the GSV150B. Aside from the ACT system, it’s backed up by 1200 watts of power, which helps it maintain its high-temperature accuracy within the tiny +/- 0.1-degree margin of error. Moreover, its motor is quiet—loud motors are another pet peeve amongst sous vide fans; its silence is one of the things I like most about this product.
One of the truly unique features about this sous vide cooker is its ability to adapt to standard pot sizes all the way up to 10 gallons. I like this, because it’s hard to find a good sous vide that can handle more than a 3-gallon pot. If you’re looking to cook large volumes of food, then the GSV150B may be right up your alley.
There are so many good things I can say about Gourmia’s GSV150B. Here are the highlights:
- Gourmia’s exclusive ACT System: Accurate temperature and optimal water circulation make for perfectly sous vide-prepared food.
- The LED control display: I love how easy it is to go from Fahrenheit to Celsius—perfect for making international recipes.
- It comes with a cookbook and manual: I like instructions—especially when I’m trying something new. If you’re new to sous vide, then this is definitely something for you to consider.
- The WiFi and downloadable app: Many foodies are moving into the digital age. Like many of you, I love anything that connects with my phone. With the app and WiFi connectivity, you can control your sous vide remotely. Also, as a bonus, the app comes with more than 100 bonus recipes. How can you beat that?
- Made with stainless steel: This is a big selling point, because stainless steel is super durable. Like many consumers, durability is something I always look for when shopping.
- Easy-to-clean: Even though cooking with a sous vide is pretty effortless, easy cleanup is always a nice bonus.
A few things worth mentioning are:
On the tech front: The WiFi thing may be an issue for people who aren’t used to dealing with WiFi technology. If that describes you, take some time to research it; you can also reach out for help from Gourmia or a WiFi-savvy loved one.
Size: Some people find it large, but you should take into account its capacity level. To be frank, I don’t mind a large sous vide if it can handle a ten-gallon pot.
Gourmia’s GSV150B is a great kitchen tool to have in your arsenal. With its WiFi capabilities and the app feature, it’s definitely a techy step up and foodies and sous vide enthusiasts are definitely going to want to give it a try for that alone. My two favorite things about this sous vide are its 10-pound capacity, making it insanely versatile, and its ACT System for even cooking, ensuring every dish is a delicacy.