If you love cooking sous vide, having a sous vide machine isn’t enough. You also need the latest sous vide accessories and gadgets. The sous vide accessory world is constantly evolving as this cooking method grows.
Sous vide accessories provide you with more cooking utility, such as searing without a pan, or making sure there are no air pockets in your sealed food. Even something as simple as weighing down your food can make your life easier.
As a heads up, there may be some affiliate links on this page. This page is reader supported and this means I may receive a commission if you purchase through the links, with no extra cost to you.
See below for our latest research and 8 of our best picks for sous vide accessories.
Best Sous Vide Accessories
Let’s get started.
If you are still using Ziploc bags to sous vide, it’s time to take things to the next level. A vacuum sealer will do just that. Here is our pick for the best vacuum sealer for sous vide. The FoodSaver V4840 is the Cadillac of sous vide vacuum sealers. There’s no job too big or small for it to handle.
Your food will be tightly sealed and cook perfectly all-around. Not only that but sealed food lasts much longer in the freezer and prevents freezer burn. Never worry about water getting in your sous vide food again.
- Meat preserved with the Foodsaver system in the freezer can last up to 3 years and still taste fresh, flavorful, and freezer burn free
- Automatic bag detection makes vacuum sealing easier than ever: Simply put the bag in the vacuum chamber and the machine does the rest to ensure your food stays fresh and flavorful
- Automatic moisture detection: Smart technology automatically detects moisture and switches to the correct mode to ensure an airtight seal is achieved
- NRTL tested & certified product: All Foodsaver appliances are ETL or UL certified by Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories (NRTLs) for compliance with applicable product safety test standards; Safety is our number 1 priority
If you want a cheaper option, go with the NutriChef Vacuum Sealer.
The next sous vide accessory you’ll want is sous vide bags. These work perfectly with the majority of vacuum sealers, including the aforementioned FoodSaver v4840. The Commercial Bargains Sous Vide bags are the perfect sous vide accessory because they’ll allow you to safely cook both small and large meals. The bags are BPA-free and food grade. Perfect for sous vide cooking.
- Heavy-duty 2 layer 3.5 mil vacuum sealer rolls are dishwasher-safe and can be reused and resealed.
- Compatible with all ‘Clamp Style’ Vacuum Packaging machines.
- Boilable, Freezable, Reusable, Dishwasher Safe, BPA Free
A sous vide container is the next sous vide accessory on our list. While some people prefer cooking sous vide in a pot on the stove, it’s not necessary. A sous vide container lets you use your immersion circulator anywhere that you have counterspace. This is extremely helpful if you’re preparing multiple things at once and need your stove. It also allows for your sous vide setup to be more portable. It also allows for ample room to utilize the water displacement method.
- Container is Made From Crystal Clear and Strong Polycarbonate
- High temperature tolerance from -40 to 210 F for the water bath, cooling and even freezing
- Exectly the Right Height – 8 Inch – for Sous Vide with Immersion Circulators
If you’re cooking sous vide in a container, the next sous vide accessory you’ll need is a container lid. This one by Rubbermaid is great because it comes in several popular size options. It’s durable, but customizable. You’ll need to cut a small hole in it for your immersion circulator to fit. It’s also really cheap at under $5.Check Price on Amazon
Sous vide clips are a must have sous vide accessory if you find your bags moving too much in your cooking container. Regardless of whether you’re cooking in a pot or container, sometimes your food won’t stop moving and will touch either the side of the container, or another bag. This can mess up the sous vide cooking process, since it relies on water circulating around the food. Sous vide clips will keep your food in place, ensuring your food cooks evenly, and perfectly.
- Function: the package includes 8 pack sous vide cooking clips, great for sous vide cooking, hold vacuum sealed, submerged food bags in place
- Material: the spring clamps are made of heavy duty plastic, strong grip, help to hold bags in the water bath during sous vide cooking, prevent your food from moving around
- Size (approx.): 6.5 x 5.5 cm/ 2.6 x 2.2 inches, suitable size for clip on most stainless steel cookware, food storage containers, or any pot that will hold a sous vide water bath
Our next best sous vide accessory is probably the most fun to use – the Bernzomatic TS8000 sous vide torch. While you can sear your food on the stove, it’s much more fun to blast it with a cooking torch. You’ll get the perfect sear to compliment your perfectly cooked food. This is our best rated sous vide torch.
- Auto start/stop ignition easily ignites and extinguishes flame
- Cast aluminum body construction for durability
- Adjustable flame control knob for ease in switching between different applications
- Perfect for searing your sous vide food
If you’re tired of your sous vide food moving around, our next sous vide accessory is for you. The Uarter sous vide rack will keep your food perfectly aligned and still in your cooking container. It’s made of stainless steel so it’s durable and won’t rust. It’s entirely safe to cook in. A sous vide rack is a great sous vide accessory. It is perfect for sous vide ribs.
- Made of food-grade 18/8 stainless steel, capable to accommodate up to 6 different widths of sous vide bags for cooking more food. Suitable for containers of Rubbermaid, EVERIE EVC-12, Cambro and Lipavi C10
- Stainless steel dividers can overcome water buoyancy, and the no-float middle top bars can prevent floating and half-cooked problem and keep the rack from deformation
- 5 dividers can be adjusted and removed at will, effectively makes the sous vide bags tightly and stably stay in the rack.
The next sous vide accessory isn’t all that common, yet, but it certainly will be. The SO-VIDA Sous Vide Weights do a fantastic job of keeping your food fully submerged. If you don’t have a vacuum sealer and have trouble getting the air pockets out of your bags, sous vide weights are a great sous vide accessory for you. The biggest cause of food risk in sous vide cooking is undercooked food and floating bags are the biggest cause of undercooked food. Our weights which go inside your sous vide bags reduce food risk by keeping sous vide bags FULLY submerged.
- Weights work with any container
- Easy to clean
- Sold as 3-pack
Those are the 8 best sous vide accessories that you’ll need to cook amazing sous vide food. In case you haven’t already checked them out, please see our below buying guides: