I recently had the absolute pleasure of reviewing the Tribest Sousvant SV-101 Complete Sous Vide Circulator. This is the newest complete sous vide machine to hit the market. I’ll be honest, I hadn’t heard of Tribest before, nor of this machine, so I wasn’t exactly expecting much. However, let me tell you, I am absolutely blown away with how awesome this sous vide machine is!
Tribest Sousvant SV-101 Review
When the Tribest Sousvant SV-101 arrived at my doorstep, I was immediately impressed by how professional the design of the packaging was. Usually companies don’t take much pride in how their product is marketed on the box (especially when companies fulfill their products from an online retailer). Tribest really did a wonderful job here. The design of the packaging really sets the tone for my whole experience with the Tribest Sousvant.
The inner packaging really protected the machine – so rest assured that your machine is going to be arriving safely!
Want to know something really awesome? Setup time took about 20 seconds – and most of that was me trying to reach behind the microwave to plug this machine in! I loved how lightweight this machine was. It’s listed at just over 10 pounds, but I was able to move it with ease. No one is going to have any trouble handling this machine.
There are 4 parts to the sous vide machine – the base, the container, the container lid, and a nice bag to put the base machine in when you’re not using it (which I love.. It’s really the little things that count, and Tribest’s attention to the smallest detail is unprecedented).
After quickly rinsing out the container, I was ready to prepare my steaks!
When I test new sous vide machines, I put them all to the same exact test: I buy a few decent quality ribeye steaks, season them with kosher salt and black pepper, put them into a sous vide bag or sous vide vacuum sealer, add some olive oil and some fresh herbs (this time we used rosemary), and cook them for 1 hour (plus heating time) at 133ºF. This gives me a true baseline to gauge how well each sous vide machine cooks.
Here are some pictures during the preparation and the cooking:
I absolutely LOVE the Tribest Sousvant!
Here’s some quick reasons why:
- Quick and easy assembly. All I had to do was rinse the container and I was good to start cooking!
- The Tribest Sousvant was easily able to handle 3.5 pounds of ribeye steaks
- The container top locks in securely, so you know that no air is going to be leaking into the machine and disrupting the cooking process
- The machine is extremely lightweight
- The machine runs very, very quietly. There is a slight hum, but that fades into the background after a couple of minutes
- Going from room temperature to our cooking temperature of 133ºF took 22 minutes. Please note that this is with the ribeye steaks in the machine. That means that this is going to heat up even quicker if you pre-heat the machine
- LED interface is extremely easy to use and is completely fool-proof
- The temperature can be set within 0.1ºF. The LED shows any fluctuations while cooking and quickly adjusts back to the desired cooking temperature
- Tribest backs up their product with a 2 year warranty
Oh, and because our steaks came out delicious!!!
I was cooking for my girlfriend’s father the night I tested the Tribest Sousvant – so I really put everything on the line! The Sousvant SV-101 really went above and beyond all of my expectations.
This is why we highly, highly recommend the Sousvant whether you’re an aspiring cook or a seasoned chef!
Editor’s note: We received a sample machine from Tribest for our review. However, our review is ours and ours alone, without any influence on our opinions. We really, really love this machine and have recommended that our friends and family buy it.
Not what you’re looking for? Head on over to our super comprehensive article on best sous vide machine reviews!