Love a good New York Strip and want to try cooking it sous vide? Here’s our recipe for the best sous vide New York strip!
Best Sous Vide New York Strip Recipe
Here’s a great recipe for making a delicious tender New York strip!
- 4-pack of New York strips from Costco – about 3.7 lbs
- 3 tbsp of Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 tbsp of mezquite liquid smoke
- Fresh ground pepper
- Garlic powder (just a little bit)
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
Sous Vide New York Strip Cooking Times, Temperature, and Preparation:
- Open the steaks and pat dry
- Mix the Kitchen Bouquet and liquid smoke in a small container
- Brush dark mix on top side of steaks
- Sprinkle pepper, garlic powder, salt on that side
- Turn it over, brush, sprinkle
- Seal in bags in a sous vide vacuum sealer
- Refrigerator overnight
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 1 hour before bath
- 90 minutes in bath at 125.6ºF
- Remove from baggies, pat dry, brush with olive oil
- 60 seconds/side on cast iron skillet, hottest stove setting
- Serve with a light green salad
Made this tonight, the dinner attendees were very impressed. 90 minutes seems to be the sweet spot for non-aged, Costco prime USDA New York strip.