This is the best sous vide steak with asparagus recipe that you’ll ever taste. This recipe serves two people. If you want to expand the recipe, add 1 steak per additional person.
- 2 boneless, 1-inch thick strip steaks
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Turn your sous vide machine to 129ºF
- Salt and pepper the steaks on both sides
- Place steaks in bag and vacuum seal shot; if using Zip-Lock bags, then remove all air by squeezing the bag
- Place the bag in the sous vide machine and cook for 1 hour
- With 3 minutes left on timer, heat the oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until it’s smoking a little
- Once timer goes off, remove the steaks from sous vide and sear them in the pan for 1.5 minutes each side
- Place asparagus on same skillet until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste during the cook.
- Slice steaks after 5 minutes of cooling and serve with asparagus
I hope that you enjoyed this super simple sous vide steak with asparagus recipe. As you can see, it’s incredibly easy to make and requires next to no prep time.