If you’re a busy person, you may find cooking a beef steak and preparing a real demi-glace sauce as gruelling tasks. First of all, you must make sure that the beef is cooked at the right temperature. You have to adjust the heat of the pan, and sometimes you have to use a meat thermometer just to make sure that you will eat your steak medium rare.
Moreover cooking a traditional demi-glace sauce that will go along with your beef tenderloin requires a laborious effort. You have to spend less than a day to make a perfect traditional demi-glace sauce.
Sous vide cooking is ideal for a busy person. It may be a slow cooking process, but on the bright side of it, you can just leave it while you’re at work or while you’re doing your own thing.
Best Sous Vide Tenderloin Recipe
If you’re a busy person, you can just use a sous vide machine to cook the beef tenderloin without worries of overcooking it and make an easy-to-cook demi-glace sauce that will only take you just almost an hour to prepare. Here’s how you can do it.
Here’s what you’ll need (spices are to taste)
- Beef Tenderloin
- ½ Cup of Red wine
- 3 Cups of Beef stock
- Clarified butter
- All-purpose flour
- Bay leaf
- Preheat the sous vide machine at 140°
- Pat the beef dry with a paper towel.
- Dry rub the beef with rosemary, salt, and pepper
- Place the beef inside the plastic pouch.
- Add about four small cubes of butter inside the sous vide bag.
- Properly use a sous vide vacuum sealer especially if you’re planning to store in the fridge for a while.
- Plunge the beef tenderloin pouch in the preheated sous vide machine.
- Wait for at least more than an hour to let the beef cook by itself.
- While waiting for the beef, you may start cooking the demi-glace sauce by adding a little amount of oil and the clarified butter to the pan.
- Sauté the shallots, parsley stems, peppercorns, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Add about half a cup of red wine, and reduce it.
- Sprinkle a little amount of flour. Mix it until it forms a paste.
- Wait for about 2-3 minutes until the flour becomes light-brown in color.
- Add two cups of beef stock.
- Set it to medium heat and bring the stock to boil.
- After the stock reaches the boiling temperature, reduce the heat and let the stock simmer.
- Let the stock reduce 1/3 from its original volume.
- Separate the stock from the spices by straining it using cheesecloth.
- Bring the stock back to the pan and add another cup of beef stock to it.
- Bring the stock to boil.
- Simmer the stock after boiling until the stock is reduced by half.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the beef out of the sous vide machine, and sear the beef with a torch on both sides to make it look appealing.
- Place the beef on the plate at the center, and streaks of demi-glace sauce. You may serve it with veggies and mashed potato.
Be sure to also check out our sous vide machine buying guide.