Here’s a great recipe for making a delicious tender New York strip!
- 4-pack of New York strips from Costco – about 3.7 lbs
- 3 tbsp of Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 tbsp of mezquite liquid smoke
- Fresh ground pepper
- Garlic powder (just a little bit)
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Open the steaks and pat dry
- Mix the Kitchen Bouquet and liquid smoke in a small container
- Brush dark mix on top side of steaks
- Sprinkle pepper, garlic powder, salt on that side
- Turn it over, brush, sprinkle
- Seal in bags
- Refrigerator overnight
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 1 hour before bath
- 90 minutes in bath at 52ºC
- Remove from baggies, pat dry, brush with olive oil
- 60 seconds/side on cast iron skillet, hottest stove setting
- Serve with a light green salad
Made this tonight, the dinner attendees were very impressed. 90 minutes seems to be the sweet spot for non-aged, Costco prime USDA New York strip.
If you don’t already have a sous vide machine, check out our reviews of the best sousvide machine!